Nairobi National Park – Kenya SafariNairobi National Park - Kenya
The best short trip tour in Kenya. Nairobi National Park is literally within Nairobi City. Its one of the Top things to do in Nairobi.
Nairobi National Park
“The World’s only wildlife capital”
Nairobi National Park is a unique ecosystem by being the only protected area in the world close to a capital city. The park is located only 7 km from Nairobi city centre. The savannah ecosystem comprise of different vegetation types. Open grass plains with scattered acacia bush are predominant. The western side has a highland dry forest and a permanent river with a riverine forest. To the south are the Athi-Kapiti Plains and Kitengela migration corridor which are important wildlife dispersal areas during the rain season. Man-made dams within the park have added a further habitat, favourable to certain species of birds and other aquatic biome.
Major wildlife attractions are the Black rhino, lion, leopard, cheetah, hyena, buffaloes, Giraffe, zebra, wildebeest, elands and diverse birdlife with over 400 species recorded. Other attractions include the Ivory burning site Monument, Nairobi Safari Walk, the Orphanage and the walking trails at hippo pools.
- By Road: Distance: 10km South of Nairobi City Center
- By Air: Jomo Kenyatta International Airport and Wilson Airports
The park has 7 gates. 2 gates being for KWS service use only. The gates are:-
- Main gate: KWS headquarters Langata road
- Cheetah Gate
- Langata Gate
- Maasai Gate
- Mbagathi Gate(service gate)
- Banda Gate(service gate)
SIZE / LOCATION
- 117 Km2
- Nairobi Province
- January-March is hot and dry, April-June is hot and wet, and July-October is very warm and wet.
Entry is by Safari Card only. Safaricards may be obtained and loaded at main gate, Nairobi National Park. Proof of identification will be required.
- Citizens – Valid Passport or National ID
- Residents – Valid Passport & re entry pass
- The only Wildlife park in the world that is so close to the city
- Black rhinoceros :which is an endangered species
- The first park to be gazetted in Kenya on December 16, 1946
- Major rhino sanctuary for breeding and restocking other parks
For corporate events, bush dinners, weddings, picnics, team building sessions, video and film production
- King Fisher
- historic ivory burning site
- Game viewing
- Corporate Events such as Bush Dinners, Team Building, Video and Film Production.
- Special Events such as Weddings.
- Three-star Rangers Restaurant where patrons relax for meals while overlooking the park.
- Perfect outing place for families, couples, friends, bonding, game viewing, family get-togethers
WHAT TO TAKE WITH YOU
- Drinking water, picnic items. Also useful are: binoculars, camera, hat, sunscreen, sunglasses and a guidebook
- Diverse birdlife:Has over 400 bird species. At least 20 of which are seasonal European migrants.
- Home to over 100 mammal species, four of the Big Five (lion, Buffalo, leopard and rhino)
- Has a spectacular wildebeest and zebra migration
- Large predators- lion, leopard, hyena and cheetah.
- Aggregations of large herbivores- eland, buffalo, zebra and wildebeest
- Ivory Burning Site Monument
- Walking trails at hippo pools
- Nairobi Safari Walk & the Orphanage.
- Spacious accommodating picnic sites
- Animals include buffalo, giraffe, lion, leopard, baboon, zebra, wildebeest and cheetah—100 mammal species.
- 400 migratory and endemic bird species.
WHERE TO STAY
In – Park Accommodation
- No in-park accommodation. Plenty of accommodation to choose from in the city of Nairobi HERE.
The best of Turkey and Dubai Tour. We put together this Dubai vacation package combined with Turkey vacation packages, to give you the best of Istanbul excursions and Dubai tours....Read More